Spring Cleaning Your Closet
Doesn’t that spark joy? No, really?!? I guess I binge watched too much Konmari this winter. But I do have a few ideas for spring cleaning your closet.
- Take everything out. I mean everything. Even that sweatshirt from high school. (Now is the time to dust and vacuum the closet.)
- Create 3 piles, Love It, Need It, or Donate It.
- The “Love It” pile should have items that you have worn within the last year, are free of flaws and stains, and fit. If it has sentimental value it can stay.
- The “Need It” pile can be more flexible (but it still needs to fit), you need to wear it to paint or do crafts with the kids or garden or go to a wedding.
- The “Donate It” pile should include all the clothes that no longer fit you. As well as items you have not worn in over a year.
- One last look, do your pieces go together or do you have a hodgepodge of colors and patterns?
If you have a hodgepodge try to create multiple outfits from just a few pieces. This will help you curate a capsule wardrobe. If you find yourself struggling you may need to focus on finding quality essential pieces that work for your lifestyle and then sprinkle in some patterns. Donate those pieces that just don’t work together.
I’d love to hear if any of these ideas helped. Leave a comment below, on my Pinterest Board, or share your closet spring cleaning tip.